Application for registration of a Cooperative Society
The Ministry of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives (Cooperatives Division) accept application for the registration of primary, secondary and tertiary types of cooperative societies.
A primary society is a body of persons that consists of at least five members. The minimum issued and paid up share capital of a society should at the time of registration be not less than 5,000 rupees divided into ordinary shares of a denomination of 10 rupees for a primary society.
A secondary society should consist of at least 5 primary societies. The minimum issued and paid up share capital of a society should at the time of registration be not less than 10,000 rupees divided into ordinary shares of a denomination of 10 rupees for a secondary society.
A tertiary society should consist of at least 5 secondary societies. The minimum issued and paid up share capital of a society should at the time of registration be not less than 25,000 rupees divided into ordinary shares of a denomination of 10 rupees for a tertiary society;
However, there should be only one tertiary society which should be the apex body and represent the interests of the of the co-operative movement nationally and internationally.
Application for registration
1. Applicant may apply online for registration of society
2. Application should be accompanied by draft Rule of the proposed society.
3. The draft Rule may be downloaded or submitted online.
4. The ID card of promoters of the proposed cooperative may be scanned and send as attachments.
5. Applicant should pay an application fee of Rs.1000.
6. Applicant should receive an online acknowledgment.
7. Applicant should pay an Annual fee of Rs. 500 after registration.
8. A Certificate of Registration shall be issued to the society.
How to apply online for registration of a cooperative society
1. Applicant should have an e-mail address
2. Go to the cderp.govmu.org portal
3. Click “Register a new cooperative” button
4. Enter the details.
5. Click “Create a new account”.
6. A notification for log in is sent to applicant e-mail account.
7. Applicant click on the link in the mail message.
8. Applicant click log in.
9. Applicant enter password and click save
10. Applicant click “Register a cooperative”
11. Applicant key in the details in the application form and click save.
12. Applicant should add at least 5 members
13. Applicant clicks on Add Documents and upload draft Rules and other relevant documents as per the class of society.
14. Applicant click on “ Make payment” button to pay the Application fee
15. Applicant may choose to pay at MOBEC (Ministry of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives) cashier office or pay through the SBM Ltd.
16. Applicant clicks the “Submit” button to submit the application to MOBEC.